The challenges of net zero and sustainable development present opportunities and the need for change. Business is increasingly leading the way on meeting sustainability goals so that we all might live and thrive within planetary boundaries.
Our online sustainability short courses will help your organisation develop the resilience required to thrive in the 21st century.
Become leaders in sustainability
Our portfolio of sustainability courses deliver business-focused learning centred on world-leading research. Provide your employees with the skills needed to make effective business decisions informed by sustainability – from stark environmental challenges to wider social equity – and provide leadership for your sector and clients.
Meet your business goals
Organisations must equip staff with the critical skills and insight to understand how the world is shifting and the complexity of interrelated sustainability challenges. Our courses provide the conceptual tools needed to develop ideas and solutions in-house, helping your business to flourish and achieve its sustainability goals.
Keep top talent in place
Investment in your employees’ futures will generate a motivated and satisfied workforce, and show you are a responsible employer that makes sound commercial decisions. It is a virtuous circle that raises your market reputation, elevates your brand equity, and attracts more talent.
Law and Sustainability: Tackling Global Environmental Challenges
The law is both a driver of the contemporary environmental, natural resource, and sustainability challenges which humanity faces today, and a framework for underscoring their protection. From climate change and biodiversity loss to water scarcity and energy efficiency, the law plays a critical role in balancing conflicting pressures.
This eight-week course seeks to deal with global environmental challenges head on and surveys the use of law as a tool to facilitate the sustainability transition. It surveys the most pressing sustainability issues and the existing and emerging laws that may address them across a range of jurisdictions.
On completion, your team will:
- have built a solid foundational knowledge of the treaties and frameworks available to address sustainability challenges;
- be able to put your organisation’s legal work into a clearer international context;
- better understand the interactions between science, law and public policy; and
- identify key legal issues, from sustainability challenges in corporate law to the priorities and perspectives of the Global South.
The Future of Sustainable Business: Enterprise and the Environment
This eight-week course builds an employee’s knowledge of our greatest sustainability challenges and approaches for reaching net zero and meeting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Sustainability in business affords a range of opportunities and is a disruptive driver for organisations. This course will help employees, at all levels, to explore emerging themes and successful business models through real-life case studies – from the circular economy to sustainable finance to technologies and policies. A central theme and the culmination of the course is to facilitate leadership in the creation of a positive sustainable future.
On completion, your team will be able to:
- better prepare for creating nuanced initiatives and responses for operating within environmental constraints and a wider social equity;
- help your organisation to prepare for and stay on track with the rising expectations for sustainability to be core to business; and
- develop skills in sustainability leadership, helping you to strengthen your talent pipeline and support your succession planning.
Discover more about our courses
Learn more about how our courses could increase your organisation’s potential. Complete the short form below and a member of our professional development team will be in touch.
Find out more